Saturday, January 23, 2010

Talk to the Hand

Well, it was a lovely double rejection weekend.

I tried out for the a capella group last night. The audition went pretty well. I entered the room to the sound of a standing ovation. It eased my nerves a bit. We then warmed up and discovered my vocal range is a low E to F sharp. Maybe some of you music kids can tell me what that means, but I don't think it is bad.

I then sang my wonderful solo selected from Aladdin. It brought some laughs and some smiles. It was not my best performance. Not my worst, but my nerves caught hold of me and I choked on the high note.

Next was pitch matching. The head honcho played a few notes on the piano and I had to sing them back. I did well there.

For the final part, he played a chord and I had to sing the middle note. I know for a fact I got them all wrong. I probably even gave him a look of fear when he told me what to do.

With all that said, I checked my email every 10 minutes until three long hours later I got the email. It thanked me for trying out, but stated that I wasn't getting a call back.

Rejection one complete.

Second, I called the previously mentioned girl today and asked her out. She said "sure" to going on a date with me, but then gave me a bunch of excuses and said that she would have to get back to me. Take that for what you will, but unless she ever calls me back, I am counting it as a loss.

Rejection two complete.

I hope tomorrow is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment